Whole 30 | Cauliflower Fried Rice
We have been making Chicken Fried Rice for a long time in our house (as you can probably tell by those old pictures). It is one of III’s favorites and also one of mine because it is super simple! So when we started to plan out Whole 30 and I saw all of the craze for cauliflower rice & coconut aminos , I started thinking about how I could modify my old recipe to make it work for us during our Whole 30 experience.
As you probably realized when you started researching Whole 30, almost all seasonings and condiments are a no no….and soy sauce is definitely on the no list. But thanks to the magic of coconut aminos, a delicious and clean substitute has been found! Coconut Aminos (I bought the Trader Joe’s brand) is simply coconut tree sap, water & salt. JACKPOT. And I used it a lot during Whole 30 & still do.
And as far as cauliflower rice goes, you can make it yourself…but this mama of 3 under 4 doesn’t have time for that. So thank you frozen section at every grocery store for joining me on the cauliflower rice train & helping a mama out!
So, here is the recipe that will make all of your healthy Chinese take out dreams come true!
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onions (I love Publix's frozen chopped onions in recipes!)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (or 2-3 tbsp of minced garlic)
- 20 oz. frozen cauliflower rice (about 2 bags)
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup of shredded/matchstick carrots
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- Pop your bags of frozen cauliflower rice in the microwave and cook according to package instructions.
- While cauliflower is cooking, in a large skillet or pot (I like to use my ceramic coated cast iron stock pot) over medium/high heat add one tbsp of coconut oil and allow to melt. Then add the chopped onions and cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add cauliflower, frozen green beans, frozen peas, and shredded carrots to the pot and stir. Place on the lid and allow to cook/steam for 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally until all veggies are thawed and tender.
- While veggies are cooking whisk together your two eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once veggie mix is ready, make a hole in the middle by pushing everything to the side. Pour in egg mixture and scramble trying not to mix too much with the cauliflower rice. Once cooked, stir everything together.
- Last add in your coconut aminos and mix together until everything is well combined. Add salt and pepper to season to your liking.
- You can really do any veggie combination you like! I also like to add chicken to beef up the protein. You can cook the chicken separately, shred and then add when you pour in the coconut aminos. Allow everything to warm together for about 5 minutes before serving.