WHOLE30 | Loaded Potato Fries
Yep, you read that right. LOADED. POTATO. FRIES. And they are Whole30 approved. What? I’m starting with probably our favorite dinner meal we had while on Whole30, and man was it good. One of my good friends who has done the Whole30 experience a few times passed it along and I am so glad she did. This is a new staple in our house.
Back when III and I were dating we used to LOVE to go to Outback. That meal deal special where you could get a steak, salad, and side for $10 spoke to us. When we were feeling really adventurous we would also get the loaded fries as an appetizer. Man, were they good! But goodness gracious, did they make you feel terrible afterwards.
These loaded potato fries are goodness gracious good too, but with no guilty consequences! So add this to your meal planning this week, and you can come back and thank me later!
To begin you will need to hop over to my recipe for Skinny Oven Fries. There you will find everything you need to know about making the potato fries which will be your base for this recipe. And FYI, you can slice them however you want, I did chip slices here because I wanted to try out my new mandolin, but skinny fries lead you to the same result! I find you can also use sweet potato fries and make these extra good for you since sweet potatoes are a super food and all.
After you get your fries going, follow the recipe below for your chili ground beef & toppings!
- 3-4 medium/large white or sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 pound of organic grass fed ground beef
- 1/2 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Whole30 ranch (link below)
- 4 slices of Whole30 compliant bacon (nitrate & sugar free!)
- 1 avocado
- 1. Prepare fries using the Skinny Fry recipe linked above
- 2. While the fries are baking, heat a large skillet over medium/high heat and add your cooking fat (bacon grease, ghee, or avocado oil). Then add the ground beef, tomatoes, and all your spices. Break clumps apart as your cook. Cook until brown and then remove from heat.
- 3. Prepare your toppings (if you aren't doing Whole30 feel free to add some cheese!)
- 4. Once the fries are finished prepare your plate starting with the fries, then chili meat, crumbled bacon, avocado and finally top with the ranch sauce.
- 5. Serve hot and enjoy!