Happy ALMOST Super Bowl Sunday!! Is your team in the big game? I can’t decide who I want to root for, the Patriots seems to win all the time, so maybe the Eagles. Have you asked Alexa who she is cheering for?? It’s pretty funny!
I’m popping in today to share a quick recipe for easy stuffed bell peppers. It’s been a crazy week so mama needed an easy dinner and this fit the bill! We had family in town over the weekend and had served both nachos and roast & carrots over rice, so I had some leftovers to work with. I actually use this same mixture to make zucchini boats as well so I guess it’s multi-purpose.
Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers
Delicious stuffed bell peppers
Write a review
- 5 bell peppers (any color)
- 1 pound ground beef (cooked and drained)
- 1 cup of brown rice (cooked according to package instructions)
- Olive Oil
- 15oz can of black beans
- 15oz can of corn
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 cup of cheddar or taco cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and hollow out the insides. Then dice up ONE of the bell peppers. Place the remaining four bell peppers in a greased baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- In a skillet oven medium to high heat, saute diced onions and pepper.
- Once tender add in cooked beef, brown rice, black beans, corn, salsa, cumin, and chili powder.
- Stuff each pepper until full and then top with cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes. Then remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes. If you would like the tops a little crispy you can broil for the remaining 5 minutes.
- If you like a kick, add a little Tabasco sauce to the mixture as well!
A Step In The Journey https://astepinthejourney.com/