Holiday Rice Krispie Treats
Happy Valentine’s Day!
I hope everyone has a fantastic day, month, year full of LOVE. We’ve been talking about love a lot in our house, mostly how we others, especially those we love (brother/sister battles going on!). Love is kind folks. “And a new command I give you. Love one another, as I have loved you, so you must love one another!” John 13:34
One nice thing you could do for those you love is whip them up some Rice Krispie Treats! We have a friend with an egg allergy and so when planning to take them dinner last week, I knew these would be a perfect & safe dessert. It’s your basic Rice Krispie treats with a whole lot of extra goodness.
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 bag of large puff marshmallows
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies
- 1 drop of food coloring
- 10-15 candy melts
- 30 M&Ms
- Sprinkles (assorted)
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add in marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.
- Mix in 1-2 drops of food coloring and mix to reach desired color
- Mix M&Ms with Rice Krispies
- Remove melted marshmallows from heat and mix in Rice Krispies/M&Ms
- Continue mixing until well combined
- Pour into greased 9x13 pyrex and press flat (parchment paper is good for this!)
- Allow to cool
- In a microwave safe bowl melt candy melts according to package directions
- Drizzle over top of cooled Rice Krispie treats and add sprinkles
- These can be customized for any occasion! Just mix up the food coloring, candy melts & sprinkles to match the holiday you are celebrating.
I found my candy melts at Hobby Lobby, however you can also purchase them on Amazon. Target usually has great holiday sprinkles in their $1.00 section, and I also found some at Aldi this year. Last, I love this collection of food coloring. They have pretty much any color you would need.
Not feeling Rice Krispies? Check out these Lucky Charm treats I made for St. Patrick’s Day!
this post contains affiliate links. thanks for helping me support my family.