DIY Fluffy Monster Slime (that isn’t sticky)
How excited are you that is is OCTOBER?!!?! I would argue that it is one of the best months of the year, especially if that cool fall air has kicked in. Unfortunately, that is not the case here in Georgia. It is a nice balmy 82 degrees, the perfect weather for shorts and a tank top. We are hoping it will cool off my Halloween so we are sweating as we trick or treat this year! But aside from the weather woes, October is here and we are excited! And one thing that has us all super excited is this DIY Fluffy Monster slime. It is awesome, isn’t sticky, and best of all, will entertain your little ones for HOURS!
I have to thank my friend Caroline for sharing the recipe with me…I’d seen her girls playing with is on her Instastories feed and I knew we needed the recipe in our house PRONTO. Chickadee has been playing with it for days and it even pulled Sprout away from his trains for a little bit, which is quite the victory! We happened to have all the ingredients on hand, but if you don’t I bet your neighbor can help you out. Here is the step by step picture tutorial. I’ll leave the recipe at the bottom if you want to print it off and see everything at once.
First, you will need…
1 tbsp Borax, 1 cup of warm water, 8oz (2 cups or two regular bottles) of liquid glue, 3.5 – 4 cups of shaving cream, 1/2 cup water, 2 tbsp contact solution, and food coloring (optional)
1. In a bowl mix together 1 tbsp of Borax with 1 cup of warm water. Stir until the Borax dissolves and your mixture turns clear again.
2. In a SEPARATE bowl, mix together 1 cup of Elmer’s glue, 1/2 cup of water, and 3.5 – 4 cups of shaving cream. Stir with a spatula until well combined.
3. Then stir in the contact solution to the white fluffy mixtures.
Now is a good time to add in your food coloring (you can also however add it at the end and knead it into the fluffy slime after it comes together). If you are making green you can mix a few drops of blue and a few drops of yellow)
4. Now for the Borax solution. This is what makes our slime NOT STICKY!! While stirring slowly add the Borax solution 1 tablespoon at a time. The slime will begin to pull away from the edges of the bowl. When it begins to form a ball that isn’t sticking to the bowl you’ve added enough (it took me about 4 tablespoons)
5. If you didn’t add the food coloring already, you can add it now. Just knead it into the fluffy slime until it is mixed together well. You will want to wear gloves or be prepared to have green fingers for a few days!
After your kids play for HOURS! you will want to store the slime in an air tight container or a ziplock bag. It will last quite a while and give your days of entertainment. Click the recipe below if you would like to print the DIY Fluffy Slime directions for later crafting!
- 1 tbsp Borax
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 1 cup Liquid Glue (2 bottles or 8oz)
- 3-4 cups of Shaving Cream
- 2 tbsp Contact Solution
- Food Coloring (optional)
- 1. In a bowl mix together Borax and 1 cup warm water until dissolved and water is clear
- 2. In a separate bowl mix together glue, 1/2 cup water, shaving cream, and contact solution until well combined
- 3. Mix in Borax solution ONE tablespoon at a time until slime pulls away from the bowl and forms a blob (3-4 tablespoons)
- 4. If you want to dye your slime knead in several drops of food coloring (to make green use 4 drops of blue and 3 drops of yellow)
- Make sure you wear gloves and word on a cutting board, bowl, or parchment paper if adding food coloring. It will dye your hands and could stain your counters until it thoroughly mixed in! Then you should be good to go!
Enjoy your hours of fun!! or should I say freedom :)