2 Ingredient Clean Pizza Dough
Yes, we are alive, and yes I am back to blogging today because Poppy slept 7.5 hours last night!! 7 is her lucky number…born 7/7/17, weighed 7 pounds flat, is 7.5 weeks old, and just slept 7.5 hours. We are all feeling a little more rested. She is just the sweetest addition to our family, and we are soaking in all of her “littleness!”
So while I am well rested enough to blog, I’m not well rested enough to cook a gourmet meal, and that is why today I am here to tell you my favorite new recipe that a friend in our neighborhood recently shared. TWO ingredient pizza dough. Yes, I said TWO! Self Rising Flour and Organic Greek Yogurt. Seriously, that’s it. III was VERY skeptical of this pizza making route, but after using this recipe to make the pizza for our weekly “pizza and a movie” Friday nights. He was sold. And I think you will be too!
I will share a recipe card with you, but seriously you probably won’t knead it (get the pun :)! )
1 cup of plain organic Greek yogurt | 1.5 cups of self rising flour
Mix it together using a hand mixer. It will start to ball up, keep going a little longer and then use your hands to knead it all together! And that is it. It doesn’t have to rise…it’s ready to go! I can’t believe how good it is!
To roll out the dough, sprinkle some flour on both the counter and a little more on your dough ball. This recipe will make enough dough to make a round pizza the size of a pizza stone or cover a rectangle baking sheet, roughly 12 x 17 inches. After rolling out the dough, bake 2-3 minutes on 450 degrees to give the center a head start. Then fix it up however you like. We usually brush on a little EVOO, sprinkle on an Italian herb blend, then pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperonis. Bake at 450 for another 10-12 minutes until the toppings are warm and the crust starts to brown!
And enjoy! The kids like rolling out their own mini pizzas (which is why the shape of these is a little wonky!). Then we make another “kid hands” free one for us!
- 1 cup Plain Organic Greek Yogurt
- 1.5 cups of self rising flour
- Pizza Toppings
- Mix 1 cup of yogurt and 1 cup flour in a bowl with a stand or hand mixer until well combined, scraping down the bowl as needed. Knead on medium for about 3-5 minutes slowly adding the rest of the flour until dough comes together.
- Sprinkle a clean counter top with flour and remove dough from bowl. Knead a few turns until dough is tacky, but not sticky.
- Roll out and bake at 450 degrees for 2-3 minutes. Remove from oven. Brush with olive oil, sprinkle on Italian herbs, add pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and desired toppings. Bake for another 10-12 minutes until dough crisps and the edges start to brown.
**post contains affiliate links