Best Shredded Barbecue in the Crock Pot
Yall, we went the aquarium about a week ago and can I tell you…I am starting to FEEL this pregnancy. We parked at III’s office downtown and walked to the aquarium to save a few bucks. Then we walked ALL OVER the aquarium. It was an absolute blast, and the kids loved it. (Especially “Hank” from Finding Dory!) But when we got home that afternoon it was clear that 1. I wore the wrong shoes and 2. I am starting to be very pregnant. Hello 3rd trimester. Luckily, I already had something in the works for dinner (yay! crockpot) and I was able to put my feet up while III took over the kids solo for a little bit! If you are in Atlanta I definitely recommend a stop at the Georgia Aquarium…it’s incredible!
So, who else loves the crock pot? I’m pretty sure the answer is everyone. Working moms, stay at home moms, one pot meal folks, guys that love anything that requires very little work… This shredded BBQ chicken recipe is great for weeknight family dinners or large groups. It’s easy, tasty, and makes great leftovers! Promise me you’ll give it a try soon!
- 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3/4 cup of Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce
- 1/4 cup of Sticky Fingers Barbecue Sauce
- 1/4 cup of Italian Dressing
- 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Season chicken breasts with garlic salt and place in the crock pot.
- In a separate bowl, mix together barbecue sauces, dressing, brown sugar & Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour on top of the chicken.
- Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Around 3.5 hours two forks to shred the chicken and then allow it to continue cooking in the sauce until you are ready to serve.
We love eating this chicken with King’s Hawaiian Rolls, but it would also be great on any bun or by itself. If you want to double the recipe it’s a great choice for feeding larger groups! Happy Monday. What’s for dinner at your house this week??