Simple One Pot Fettuccine Alfredo
Yall, fettuccine is really hard to spell. Or is it just me? You know how you don’t spell it “f-e-t-t-i-c-h-i-n-n-i.” Fortunately for you and me, it’s a lot easier to make…I had no idea until my mother in law made it a few months ago. And I thought, “hey I think I can do that.” Perfect for a crazy weeknight or last minute meal, which let’s face it is really every night when you are a young family. And the best part of this recipe is, more than likely, you have everything you need already in you pantry/refrigerator.
Are you an Italian fan? I definitely am! We try to use “healthy” alternatives to pasta often, zucchini noodles and spaghetti squash are two of my favorites, but sometimes you just need the real thing. And this recipe is just that. It’s rich, creamy, and absolutely delicious! You can keep it simple and serve it as is, with a salad or add chicken to the fettuccine to make it even heartier.
I didn’t take very many step-by-step pictures because, well, I was chasing Chickadee & Sprout, plus there aren’t really any “steps” since it’s a one pot meal. I told you it was easy! I’d love to hear if you are able to give it a try & if you find any additions to make this awesome dish even better!
Have a great weekend…and if you are in Atlanta, let’s cheer on our Falcons this Super Bowl weekend, RISE UP! Happy Thursday everyone!
- 1 tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 3-5 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8 ounces of fettuccine noodles
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (or any Italian cheese)
- In a deep pot/pan oven medium/high heat drizzle in some EVOO and drop in your minced garlic.
- Once the garlic becomes fragrant pour in chicken broth, milk, butter, salt & pepper. Then add in fettuccine noodles.
- Increase heat and bring to a boil. Once it begins to boil, lower the heat to simmer, stirring occasionally, until noodles are cooked through and sauce thickens (20-25 minutes)
- Add in cheese & top with parsley.
- If adding chicken, add cooked chicken with about 8 minutes to go giving it time to heat throughout.