Quick Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
Popping in to share a quick recipe with you today. Do you love Costco? This week was my monthly trip. I think my favorite purchase is always the $4.99 cooked rotisserie chicken. Have you tried it? I always pull off all the chicken when I get home and separate it into THREE freezer bags. I’ll use one bag for that nights dinner and freeze the rest. It’s amazing to pay $4.99 for three meals worth of chicken. My money saving heart LOVES it! This is one of the recipes I use a bag of chicken for.
QUICK Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
Quick, easy, and delicious green chile chicken enchiladas
Write a review
- 1lb of cooked and shredded chicken (I used the already cooked Costco rotisserie chicken)
- 2 10 oz cans of green chile enchilada sauce
- 4oz of cream cheese
- 1.5 cups of cheddar cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 - 6 Flour Tortillas (depending on how full you fill each one)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl mix shredded chicken, 1 can of enchilada sauce, cream cheese & 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Add about 1/2 tsp of salt & pepper or season to taste.
- In a 8x8 or 9x13 casserole dish pour 1/2 of the other can of enchilada sauce.
- Scoop a few spoonfuls of the chicken mixture into each flour tortilla and roll them up.
- Place them in the dish with the seam facing down.
- Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese
- Cook at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes
- You could also add onions, tomatoes, or rotel to the chicken mixture for even more flavor!
A Step In The Journey https://astepinthejourney.com/
Grab a bag of frozen Mexican rice & some seasoned black beans your meal is set! Oh, and if you want to double the recipe it heats up GREAT and freezes perfectly as well!
3 thoughts on “Quick Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas”
What size can of enchilada sauce do you use? This recipe sounds so good and easy. Can’t wait to make it. Thanks for all the great tips and recipes!
10oz! I’ve updated it in the recipe card also.
I HAVE NEVER MADE ENCHILADAS, BUT THESE SOUND SO EASY AND YUMMY.
THANKS FOR SHARING THE RECIPE.