Quick Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
Popping in to share a quick recipe with you today. Do you love Costco? This week was my monthly trip. I think my favorite purchase is always the $4.99 cooked rotisserie chicken. Have you tried it? I always pull off all the chicken when I get home and separate it into THREE freezer bags. I’ll use one bag for that nights dinner and freeze the rest. It’s amazing to pay $4.99 for three meals worth of chicken. My money saving heart LOVES it! This is one of the recipes I use a bag of chicken for.
- 1lb of cooked and shredded chicken (I used the already cooked Costco rotisserie chicken)
- 2 10 oz cans of green chile enchilada sauce
- 4oz of cream cheese
- 1.5 cups of cheddar cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 - 6 Flour Tortillas (depending on how full you fill each one)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl mix shredded chicken, 1 can of enchilada sauce, cream cheese & 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Add about 1/2 tsp of salt & pepper or season to taste.
- In a 8x8 or 9x13 casserole dish pour 1/2 of the other can of enchilada sauce.
- Scoop a few spoonfuls of the chicken mixture into each flour tortilla and roll them up.
- Place them in the dish with the seam facing down.
- Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese
- Cook at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes
- You could also add onions, tomatoes, or rotel to the chicken mixture for even more flavor!
Grab a bag of frozen Mexican rice & some seasoned black beans your meal is set! Oh, and if you want to double the recipe it heats up GREAT and freezes perfectly as well!