The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe EVER
I was at a mom’s group today and we were talking about fun summer activities with kids. Great ideas were shared, like fun in the sprinkler, playgrounds, sidewalk chalk, popsicle making, nature walks, and trips to the zoo. But, one mom brought up a different side of the equation…what do you do inside when it’s 100 degrees. My suggestion to the group. We bake. Chickadee LOVES helping me out in the kitchen and we all love enjoying the tasty results. Today I thought I would share what I have found to be the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever. A favorite around these parts. They are perfectly crisp around the edges and nice and soft in the center. True perfection!
Make sure and follow this recipe exactly & you won’t be disappointed!
When you are creaming the SOFTENED (not melted) butter and sugar together, make sure and cream for about 3 minutes to make sure your cookies are nice and fluffy/airy.
Also using a mini cookie scoop is a MUST to make sure your cookies are nice and round and all the same shape.
Okay, so here are the details…
- 1 cup (2 sticks) softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 package of semi sweet chocolate chips (I have found that the Ghirarrdeli Milk Chocolate Chips are the gooiest!!)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- 2. Cream together softened butter and sugars (both brown and white) for approx. 3 minutes until fluffy
- 3. Add eggs and vanilla
- 4. Add dry ingredients (adding flour 1/2 a cup at a time until mixed thoroughly)
- 5. Mix in chocolate chips
- 6. Using your mini cookie scoop, spoon onto an ungreased, nonstick baking sheet
- 6. Bake 8-10 minutes...you will want to pull them out of the oven right before they look "done." Allow them to sit on the sheet for another 2-3 minutes before moving to a cooking rack
- Feel free to mix in other ingredients (we like mini m&ms too!)
Sounds amazing, right? And if you are feeling a little crazy, pull out a tub of icing (I used Pillsbury) and make some double doozies. I promise you won’t regret it!
We brought these to a Sunday School party a while back and they were seriously gone in like 7 minutes. (So keep a few at home if you are hoping for leftovers!