One Bowl Southwestern Lunch
When I taught elementary school I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch at LEAST four times a week. Fortunately for my children, now that I am staying home them, I get really creative with their meals…but mine, well, somehow sandwiches continue to find their way onto my plate at lunch. Yall, I am in desperate need to mix things up! Thankfully Wish-Bone® & Tyson® are here to help me (& you if you can relate!).
I’ve been on a little bit of a Mexican/southwestern kick lately in the kitchen. Chickadee is a fan, so we’ve been eating lots of enchiladas, taco soup, quesadillas, and the chips and salsa seem to always be on the table. I decided to keep this theme going with this one bowl lunch recipe.
So let’s talk about my lunch today. It was quick and easy to pull together and packed full of protein, veggies, and delicious flavor! And the best part…it wasn’t a sandwich.
Last time I was at Walmart I grabbed a ready to go bag of Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken and zesty Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing.
Since the chicken is already cooked (SO FABULOUS) this one bowl southwestern lunch is so simple to put together. However, while assembly is simple, you don’t sacrifice on hearty protein or zesty flavor. Check out the step by step below!
- 1 cup of rice or quinoa (cooked)
- 1/2 of Tyson® Ready to Go Chicken
- 1/2 a lime
- 1/4 cup of Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing
- 1/2 cup of corn
- 1/2 cup of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup of diced onion
- 1/2 a red pepper (sliced or dice)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 avocado
- 1. Prepare rice or quinoa according to package instructions
- 2. Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a skillet over high/medium heat
- 3. Add in onion and cook until translucent (2-3 minutes)
- 4. Next, add red pepper and corn, cook an additional 3-4 minutes
- 5. In a separate bowl, mix Tyson® Grilled and Ready chicken, lime juice and Wish-Bone® dressing
- 6. Finally, layer your ONE bowl dish. Rice/Quinoa, black beans, corn & peppers, chicken mixture, and top with avocado.
- 7. ENJOY!
Prefer pictures? Here is a little visual step by step assembly!
So do I have your attention? Say NO to sandwiches at your next lunch and hello to a delicious bowl of goodness! Looking for more one bowl lunch ideas? Wish-Bone® and Tyson® have you covered. Check here for more recipes!
Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. and Pinnacle Foods Group LLC. All opinions are entirely my own.