First & foremost…Happy Birthday III! We love you and are so lucky to journey through life with you by our side!
We make a lot of muffins around here. Mostly these banana bread ones because I always buy too many bananas and inevitably two start browning before we have a chance to eat them all. But all muffins are game to be made in my kitchen and few are turned down by my two littles. What I also love about muffins is that you can freeze them and then pull them out & microwave for a quick on the go breakfast or snack (perfect on Sunday mornings when you are running late for church!)
These applesauce muffins are so moist (probably due to the applesauce) and the cinnamon sugar topping is hard to resist. Like most of my baking adventures Chickadee joined me in the kitchen which always makes the experience
a mess fun!! This recipe is a quick and easy one and my bet is you already have everything you need. (assuming like us you always have a jar of applesauce in the fridge).
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cups Natural Applesauce
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1. Cream together softened butter and sugar
- 2. Beat in eggs one at a time until fluffy
- 3. Add applesauce and mix together
- 4. Mix together the dry ingredients and then sift them into the wet mixture
- 5. Place in muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for 12-18 min, or until toothpick comes out clean
- 6. While the muffins are still warm dip tops in melted butter and then in the cinnamon sugar mixture
My best tip for making muffins (and cupcakes) is to use an ice cream scoop like this one to dip the batter into the muffin tins. Genius really. And it helps with the mess. If you do decide to freeze these muffins I suggest doing so without the cinnamon sugar topping. You can add it after you defrost them & they will be amazing!