White Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
My name is Laura Beth, and I have a sweet tooth. Yall, I think it may be becoming a problem and the fact that Chickadee LOVES helping me cook/bake in the kitchen isn’t helping. Whoops…just got brownie crumbs on the keyboard. But that is besides the point….I was craving Reese’s cups the other day….the chocolate peanut butter combination has to be one of the best pair ever set up. Since it FREEZING cold here and I couldn’t run to the store to satisfy my sweet tooth I thought I would make these chocolate peanut butter bars. But when I went to the pantry we didn’t have any milk chocolate chips. Bummer. But do not dismay, because what we did have is white chocolate chips and I decided to run with it. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) of melted butter
- 1 plastic package (not box) of graham crackers
- 2 cups of confectioner's sugar
- 3/4 cup of peanut butter
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. of peanut butter
- Crumb graham crackers in a food processor
- Move graham crackers to a bowl and add confectioner's sugar, melted butter and 3/4 c. of peanut butter. Mix well.
- Place parchment paper in the bottom of an 8x8 pyrex and spread graham cracker mixture in the bottom. If you want to use a 9x13 you could probably double the recipe...
- In a microwave save bowl melt white chocolate chips and 1 tbsp. of peanut butter. Cook 30 seconds at a time, then stir. Continue until melted.
- Pour over graham cracker mixture.
- Refrigerate until chocolate layer hardens.
- I found that after letting the chocolate harden in the refrigerator, setting out at room temperature for about 15 minutes before cutting with help the chocolate not to be so brittle.
Chickadee wanted to add sprinkles, so feel free to add any additional topping to the chocolate before putting it in the fridge!
Yall, I might like these even better than the milk chocolate ones? You might have to make both and have yourself a little taste test!