New Mom Gift Basket with #McCafeMyWay
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #McCafeMyWay #CollectiveBias
Do you know anyone having a little one soon? If not, now you do…ME! I seriously thought Sprout was coming into the world this week; first because of high blood pressure (luckily it went down) and then because of crazy contractions that turned out to just need a little taming with a whole lot of water! Chickadee broke my water to let me know she was ready, so these contractions are a whole new ballgame this pregnancy. At least I am not alone. It seems to be baby season around here. Besides myself I have five friends due in April and May. So with new moms on my mind I thought I would share some ideas for creating a “NEW MOM” gift basket for those expecting in your life. Filled with all the must haves, plus a delicious pick me up from McCafé.
So here is the low down on what is in the kit, and why?
1. McCafé Hazelnut Coffee: Hello, every new mom (and DAD!) need to have coffee on hand. Adrenaline will take you so far, but then you are going to need a little more since you’ll probably be up every 2-3 hours around the clock for the new few months. I wasn’t sure what flavor to buy at first, but you can never go wrong with hazelnutty goodness. We tried some for breakfast this morning, & it is absolute perfection. The Hazelnut has a rich flavor and a very smooth taste that lingers for a few minutes. Yum! And if Hazelnut isn’t your flavor, it’s ok since McCafé has 8 flavors to choose from. There is the perfect taste for everyone. They also have coffee pods if you want to go the single serve route!
2. Magazine: A magazine is perfect for those late night feeding sessions or during the day when she just needs a break.
3. Snacks: Snacks are important to keep mom’s energy up. If she is nursing filling snacks are definitely necessary since she is burning around 500 calories a day just feeding her new little one! I included a granola bar, peanut butter cookies, and chocolate sticks. A little bit of heathly and a little bit of delicious!
4. Candle: Let’s face it, with a new little one there is little time left in the day to clean. A candle will help keep the house smelling nice and fresh and help mom to feel like she can relax in her few moments of down time.
5. Slippers: Plain and simple…slipper are comfortable! And comfort is key right now.
6. Gum: Similar to cleaning, finding time to brush your teeth and shower even feels like a challenge in those first few weeks. At least mom can now have fresh breath!
7. Hand Sanitizer: EVERYTHING has germs when you are a new mom. And everyone who comes through your door wanting to hold your new bundle of joy is covered in those germs. Sanitize first!
8. Thank You Notes: We received so many wonderful meals and gift when Chickadee was born, so having thank you notes on hand was a must!
9. Finger Nail Polish: We all like to feel pretty & it’s amazing what a little nail polish will do.
10. A note of encouragement: Labor is tough. A c-section is tough. Those first few weeks/months are tough. A note from you encouraging your friend that they can do it, that we’ve all been there and you will make it through will go a LONG way. So add a note to your basket.
I picked everything up in the gift basket at my local WalMart the other day while I was grabbing a few groceries.
Is there anything else you would add? Maybe a bottle of wine or a stack of take out menus?
7 thoughts on “New Mom Gift Basket with #McCafeMyWay”
There are four of us ladies that meet up each month and 3 of us are pregnant. And if you think that’s amazing wait ’til you hear that we are all due within 12 days of each other! (This was not planned). These baskets are great ideas. The thing I’m looking forward to the most is wine coolers! This is baby #6 for me and my days are filled to the brim with happy/mad screaming kids, hence me looking forward to coolers :) So I would add that and candy or chocolate.
Christina recently posted…More Craft Show Display Props
That’s so fun to share your pregnancy with friends! And due so close together…that’s crazy!
It’s baby season here too! Two friends of mine from church has babies within the last 4 weeks, and several more are due between May and September. Me and my husband also just welcomed our first little one to the world 10 days ago. My water didn’t break until just before it was time to push!
I love McDonald’s coffee, but I’ve never tried the kind you make at home. I’ll have to pick some up next time we make it to the store.
I think the snacks are a great idea. We stocked up on easy snacks after we got home from the hospital when I realized how hungry I was getting in between meals and that I didn’t have the time/energy to make some of the homemade go to snacks I’m used to making.
Rachael recently posted…DIY Bohemian Inspired Art For Under $1
Lots of spring babies joining the world! It’s amazing how hungry you get those first few days/weeks home from the hospital. Snacks are great to have on hand!
What a brilliant idea!!!!
My daughter is 36 weeks and just started maternity leave, I used to make up baby baskets – filled with baby oils, talc, nappies etc. This sounds a much better idea ……
Thanks so much for sharing.
I think you hit all the must haves for a new mom. That hazelnut McCafé coffee sounds like the perfect addition to a gift basket, too! YUM! #client
Stephanie recently posted…Babyganics: Baby-safe Products
This is a FABULOUS idea. Not only is this a good idea for new moms, it would be great for those recovering from any kind of difficulty such as hospital visits or family deaths. I will definitely create a few of these baskets in the next little while.
Laura Beth, I love your blog! You are amazing to me.
Take care of yourself, please.