S’more Rice Krispie Treat Pinwheels
We meet with an awesome small group bible study every Sunday night. These folks have become some of our best friends in Atlanta and we are so glad they are a part of our lives. We take turns hosting and usually there are always treats to be made if it’s your turn to have everyone over. Last week I decide to try a recipe my cousin made over Christmas, S’more Rice Krispie Treat Rollups.
They didn’t end up looking as “pinwheelish” as I would have liked, but they tasted AMAZING! So I am foregoing having the BEST picture for Pinterest because I have to share this recipe with you.
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies
- 1 bag of JUMBO marshmallows
- 1/2 bag of mini marshmallows
- 3tbsp butter
- 1 sleeve of crushed graham crackers (about 8 crackers)
- 2 containers of Marshmallow Cream
- 1 cup of Chocolate chips or 4 bars of Hershey Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and then smear on butter.
- In a large pot prepare Rice Krispe Treats according to package instructions, however when you add the rice krispies also add the graham crackers.
- Spread out rice krispie mixture into a rectangle on the parchment paper
- Allow to cool
- Spread marshmallow cream over the top
- Top with chocolate chips or Hersey bars
- Place in oven for 2-3 minutes until the chocolate starts to melt and then spread with a spatula
- Let cool
- Roll up jelly=style, like a cinnamon roll, longways
- Place seam down and all to set in the refrigerator for about an hour
- Slice into "pinwheels" with a bread knife
Don’t they sound amazing??? Are you drooling?
They really are the perfect treat for everyone…kids and grownups alike! III has even asked that I whip them up again for his birthday next week. Maybe I’ll get a “Pin”worthy picture to add to the post? For now I’ll leave you with this imperfect perfection!