Homemade Hamburger Sliders in the Oven
I have to start this post by saying that my husband is the BEST! Why??? Well, last weekend, after working a FULL, LONG week he took over 100% of parenting duty for the weekend while I slipped away with my best friends from college for a much needed relaxing weekend at the beach. While I missed III and Chickadee it was glorious….we ate, shopped at the outlets, enjoyed the ocean view, and talked about every topic under the sun! It was just what the doctor ordered for this me and my 30 weeks pregnant self.
One of the thousands of things we talked about were easy dinner recipes, and when my friend Miriam shared these mini sliders (made WITHOUT a grill) I knew it would be a hit at our house. We had them last week and III is already asking that I make them again. They are fabulous! I’ve included both the recipe and a picture step by step.
- 1lb hamburger meat
- 1 egg
- 1 large package of Hawaiian Rolls (you need at least 12)
- Hamburger seasoning of your choice
- 4 slices of cheese
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- 2. In a bowl mix your hamburger meat, seasoning (A1 sauce, salt, pepper, chopped onions, etc), and one egg
- 3. Place a sheet of aluminium foil in an 8x8 baking/pyrex dish and spray. Then press in your meat to form a square.
- 4. Cook for 30 minutes. With a minute or two to go...layer on your four pieces of cheese covering the top of your hamburger square.
- 5. While your meat is cooking you will want to cut your Hawaiian rolls horizontally through the middle so that you have a top sheet and bottom sheet.
- 6. When your hamburger square is finished cooking drain off the grease and sit on some paper towels to get any grease from the bottom. Then place the square on top of the bottom sheet of buns.
- 7. Place the top of the buns on and cut into individual sliders.
- 8. Add toppings of your choice. I prefer pickle, ketchup, and mustard!
- 9. Enjoy
If you are more of a visual person…here are a few pictures explaining the process.
Yall, this one is a winner in the easy and delicious category. I can’t wait for you to try it! I think it goes best with Oven Baked Skinny Fries. It would also be really delicious to cook this brown sugar meatloaf in a square and serve with these cauliflower mashed potatoes.