Carrot Cake Trifle Recipe
If you are a peanut butter lover, you have to try my Peanut Butter Chocolate Trifle and those who are OREO obsessed like my husband, then this OREO Brownie Trifle is to die for. But if you aren’t a chocolate lover (hey mom!) then this Carrot Cake trifle is about to rise to the top of your favorite dessert list! Promise.
As you might can tell I LOVE a good trifle. However, I don’t always have a great reason to make such a huge dessert, so when the opportunity does present itself I always jump. Last week my Sunday school class got together and each of us brought different parts of the meal. I brought dessert!
This trifle turned out absolutely fantastic, and I couldn’t wait to share it with you! Let me explain a little more about the goodness that is a trifle. They are like cake, but not exactly….it doesn’t come out in a nice clean slice, more of a glob so grab a spoon. The cake stays super moist since it’s surrounded by other creamy goodness. AND you get the perfect cake/icing combination in EVERY bite. It won’t last long at any party! So let’s get to it!
- 1 box of Carrot Cake Mix & required ingredients
- 1 Carrot
- 8oz of softened cream cheese
- 1.5 sticks of softened butter
- 3.5 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 16 oz Cool Whip (two regular tubs or one big one)
- Chopped walnuts of pecans
- Prepare the carrot cake recipe as instructed (I like to add shredded carrots to the mix to make it feel a little more authentic) in a 9x13 pyrex baking dish. Allow to cool when finished then cut into cubes.
- For the whipped mixture: Using an electric mixer on medium/high speed cream together the softened cream cheese and butter until it becomes light and fluffy. This will take 3-5 minutes and you will need to scrape down the sides. Turn the mixer down to a low speed and add the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until combined. Pour in vanilla and mix for another 2-3 minutes as it continues to fluff. With the mixer still on low add the Cool Whip a little at a time until everything is combined.
- In a trifle bowl or deep glass bowl, place in one layer of carrot cake pieces/crumbles. Then add a layer of your whipped cream cheese mixture. Repeat ending with the whipped cream cheese on top. Add the crushed walnuts or pecans to the top and refrigerate until it's time to serve.
Chickadee LOVED licking the whipped cream cheese spoon after all was said and done! And I even felt okay letting her have a little bit after dinner because after all it’s a “veggie dessert” right?
If you are feeling really adventurous, and have the time, this dessert would look really cute layered in individual mason jars. A perfect Easter dessert/gift too if you ask me!