Oreo Brownie Trifle
Our small group bible study gets together on Sundays. Lately whoever is hosting has been cooking and treating everyone to dinner. It is so nice to not have to worry about another meal during the week. Well this week it was our turn and III was set on grilling out. He grilled burgers similar to these and I “cooked” tater tots and then my homemade skillet macaroni and cheese.
However, what we were both most excited about was dessert (isn’t everyone?). III had requested this chocolate peanut butter trifle, but was willing to let me mix it up a little. I had seen OREO pudding at the store, and I had an idea. Folks, it was a HIT! May I share it with you?
- 1 Box of Brownie Mix + oil & eggs (or you could make your own)
- 1 Large Box of OREO Jello Pudding Mix
- 2 Cups of Milk
- 1 Large or 2 Regular tubs of Cool Whip
- 20-25 Crushed Oreos
- Prepare brownies according to package instructions
- While the brownies are cooking mix your pudding with milk and set aside in the refrigerator
- After the brownies cool it's time to layer the trifle.
- Start with half your pan of crumbled brownies on the bottom.
- Top with 1/2 pudding mixture
- Then Cool Whip
- Next 10-15 Crushed Oreos
- Then Repeat ending with the crushed Oreos again on top!
Easy peasy folks….my favorite! I would allow about 20 minutes once you are finished to let it set in the fridge. I’m on a trifle kick lately, stay tuned….I’ll probably have another trifle recipe soon!