Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes for Two!
A few weeks ago I posted this amazing recipe for Brown Sugar Meatloaf (remember this isn’t your grandmother’s meatloaf folks!). It was delicious. I had planned on sharing with you the cream cheese mashed potatoes that graced the plate alongside the meatloaf, but one thing led to another and life got crazy and well….I forgot. But today I am back and you are going to be so glad I remembered, because this mashed potato recipe is fantabulous! Is that a word?
Right??? don’t they look great? I know what you are thinking…from the picture they should be called Cheddar Cheese Mashed Potatoes, you might be right, but cream cheese is the secret weapon, so I’m going with it!My favorite thing to do is make a mashed potato/meatloaf sandwich with a sweet Sister Schubert roll….my mouth is watering folks (yes I’ve used folks twice in this post already). Enough rambling, on to the recipe (folks!).
- 2 Russet Potatoes
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 4 tbsp. butter
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- Wash & Peel Potatoes, boil on medium/high for 25 minutes or until soft
- Get out your fancy potato masher (or a fork) and mash!
- Add cream cheese, milk, and butter mix well until cream cheese is melted.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into casserole dish and top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake 10-15 minutes at about 300 degrees
So easy, right? Yall you will regret cooking up these mashed potatoes & brown sugar meatloaf. Your family will thank you. Go ahead. Start cooking :o)