Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Every year my dad’s side of the family pile into a house at the beach, all 29 of us. It’s crazy to say the least, but some of my best summer memories have been made on this trip and I can’t wait for Chickadee to join in the fun this year. The families take turns cooking dinner and once all the grandchildren grew up we were not excluded from having a night of our own. So, last summer my cousins and I were in charge of dinner one night. For dessert we made the easiest, yet most delicious treat. And I have been waiting for the weather to warm up lately so I could make it again! This weekend it reached 70 here in HOTlanta and so off to the store I went to get all the ingredients we would need for Ice Cream Sandwich Cake! Oh, my was it marvelous!
- 12 Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 Tub of Cool Whip (the big one)
- 1 small box of chocolate JELLO instant pudding
- Cookie/Candy to crush up on top (I used OREOs)
- 1. Make pudding according to package instructions
- 2. In a 9x9 pyrex dish lay out 6 ice cream sandwiches
- 3. Add a layer of cool whip and then a layer of chocolate pudding (only use half of the amount you have)
- 4. Repeat adding another layer of ice cream sandwiches, pudding and cool whip (flip these two this time so cool whip ends up on top)
- 5. Top with crushed candy, cookies, or sprinkles
- 6. Freeze
- 7. You will want to take the Ice Cream Sandwich Cake out about 30 minutes before you plan on serving to allow it to thaw enough to be cut.
It would be easy to “St. Patrick-fy” this recipe by using Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches!! YUM!! Oh, and make sure to cover the top while it’s in the freezer to prevent freezer burn. Saran wrap will do the trick.
So is it warm where you are? It’s a beautiful 65 degrees again here, & Chickadee and I are about to heard out for a walk.