Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle….to DIE for!
yeah, yeah, yeah….it’s the new year and we’ve all resolved to eat healthier, right? Well if that is the case then I’ll tell you this has
1000 calories! And it will be soooo worth it. Just watch your portion size :o)
We traveled a lot for the Christmas holidays. Down to L.A. (lower Alabama) to spend time with III’s family, then up to north Alabama to spend time with mine, next we headed home to Atlanta for 24 hours before traveling north to Lake Lanier for a few more Christmas festivities. We arrived back home on New Year’s Eve with plans to get together with friends for a baby friendly new year, and I had signed up to bring dessert, also I get a cotton candy maker for kids so I can make candy for the little ones. I needed something simple, quick, and delicious (always my criteria when it the kitchen!). And that is when the trifle stepped in. Many layers of sweet goodness can never go wrong!
- Brownies (box or from scratch...usually need eggs, oil, and water)
- 1 large tub of cool whip
- 1 large box of Jello chocolate instant pudding (3 cups of milk)
- 1 bag of Reese's peanut butter cups
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 8 oz. of cream cheese
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. of milk
- Before we can layer our trifle there is some prep work that must be done...
- Prepare brownies and chocolate pudding according to package instructions, set aside
- Set cream cheese out. It needs to be at room temperature
- In a food processor chop your opened Reese's cups, set aside
- Once the cream cheese is a room temperature use a hand mixer to whip. Then fold in 1 cup of peanut butter. Once well combined add 1 cup of powdered sugar and 2 tbsp of milk. Continue to whip until "fluffy"
- Now it's time to LAYER! You can go in any order you would like, my suggestion: broken up brownies, peanut butter fluff, chocolate pudding, cool whip, chopped Reese's...then REPEAT.
- If not serving immediately, leave in the refrigerator to chill.
I am happy to say this Chocolate peanut Butter Trifle was a hit! And lucky us, there was just enough left over for us to have dessert the past two nights :o) III is already asking that I make more! Good thing it’s
1000 calories, as it’s looking like this year we might need to survive on trifle!
20 thoughts on “Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle….to DIE for!”
What size cool whip? It just says large.
I just made this for a dinner party tonight. I’m actually anticipating a stomach ache from all the delicious sweetness. I’ll have to be careful not to over indulge. It’ll be hard because pb&c are my everything.
I am sure everyone, including you!, will love it as much as we do around here!
Can you make it a day ahead?
Definitely! I actually think it is better the next day when everything soaks in together!
This was a hit for dessert last night! Perfect combination of peanut butter & chocolate. You can’t go wrong with this one!
I just made this and it was wonderful! Great receipe!
I made this and it was delish! Will be making it again
Hi there, this looks great, but in don’t like using cool whip, too many chemicals. Can you suggest another ingredient? Thanks
You could make your own by making whipping heavy cream!
I pinned your trifle because it looks so darn rich and delicious!!! I’ve got to make this for friends soon so I don’t gobble the whole thing up myself! :-)
Oh my goodness, this trifle is serious amazing & dangerous! I try to only make it when we are having guests over or going somewhere because otherwise my husband and I will eat the entire thing!
Made this and it’s amazing!!!!
I’m soooo glad you enjoyed it! It is on of my favorites, for sure!
Just popping in to let you know I have included your yummy recipe post in my peanut butter round up!
What size (oz.) bag of Reese’s? and what size Reese’s (regular, mini)?
I was just going to ask the exact same thing!…What size and what size?
Did you make it? What sizes did you go with?
This looks amazeballs, too… The boys love pb and chocolate!
Gwen recently posted…Peppermint Oranges: A Yummy, Nummy Winter Treat!
Oh it’s definitely amazeballs! You really can’t go wrong with the pb & chocolate combination if you ask me!
Oh yum, I love trifle! Pinning this one!
Jessi @ Practically Functional recently posted…How To Make Grapevine Cluster Earrings