Sweet & Sour Chicken with Kraft Recipe Makers
As a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community, this shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client. But as always the opinions are 100% mine.
If you have been around A Step in the Journey very long, you know how much I LOVE a quick, easy, and delicious recipe!! So I am excited to share Kraft Recipe Makers with you and how much I really enjoyed the end result. What I like about this concept Kraft has come up with is as the cook you can go the simple route and choose one of the three recipes they provide for you on the box OR you can mix up the meat, change out the veggies, or season with additional spices to give the recipe your own flavor.
After opening up each Kraft Recipe box you’ll find two tasty sauces. And for someone who when cooking on her own says “a little of this and a little of…..I don’t really know” the already prepared and exciting sauces make me not want to bang wooden spoon against my head. The recipe I decided to try first is the Sweet & Sour Chicken.
- Kraft's Recipe Maker for Sweet & Sour Chicken
- One Minute Rice
- 1 lb. of chicken strips cut into pieces
- 1 green pepper (diced)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 8 oz. can of pineapple bits (drained)
- Vegetable Oil
- Prepare rice according to package instructions. I would go ahead and start the water boiling as you begin the Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe.
- Pour a tbsp. of vegetable oil into a large skillet on medium heat. As it begins to warm up add the already cut chicken and about half Sesame Ginger sauce and simmer until the chicken is cooked. While the chicken is cooking diced up your pepper and onions. Once the chicken is done add the veggies and the rest of the Sesame Ginger sauce and continue to stir fry for about 3-4 minutes longer. Finally, add the pineapple bits and the pineapple sauce provided in the Kraft Recipe Makers box. Allow all ingredients to simmer together for an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour sweet and sour chicken over rice & enjoy! *With chopsticks if you would like!
- A fun spin of this recipe would be to fry the chicken first, before adding it in to the two sauces and veggies.
This meal helper really hit the spot the other night. As a 7.5 month pregnant lady I sometimes am hungry for dinner way before III gets home from work. With this recipe I was able to prepare a simple meal for myself & later it heated up perfectly for III to eat when he got home. The hubs loved it which always makes me happy! Another bonus, is it didn’t take a lot of the little energy I don’t seem to have these days. I’m now trying to decide which Kraft Recipe Maker I want to try next.
Other recipes available include “New England Pot Roast.” “Hickory BBQ Beef,” “Tex-Mex Chicken Fajita.” “Three Cheese Chicken Florentine,” “Verde Chicken Enchilada.” “Chicken Cacciatore,” and “Chicken Bruchetta Pasta Skillet Recipe.” Kraft is also sharing more ideas on their Facebook page!
So do you like to make everything from scratch or do you grab a meal helper every now and then?? If you are the later, grab Kraft Recipe Makers next time and I promise you won’t regret it!