Mexican casserole. DELICIOUS! Have you ever tried it before. There are so many different varieties of this recipe out there, but this one is for the recipe books friends. One of III’s favorite dinner’s from childhood is Mexican casserole, so when I whipped this dish up, he was taken back. The best part about this dish is you are free to add any other veggies or change the chicken to beef & still get a fabulous result! This is a small variation on his mom’s!
- 1 lb. of cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup of salsa or Rotel
- 1 can of sweet corn
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 cup of Mexcian cheese blend
- Tortilla Chips
- Boil or pan fry the chicken & shred.
- Add taco seasoning and a small amount of water and bring to a simmer.
- Add in salsa, sweet corn, and black beans. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Top with crushed tortilla chips & 1/2 the cheese.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Add rest of the cheese and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Optional: Garnish with sour cream or guacamole.