Peanut Butter & Chocolate Sleigh Ride Bars
How much time to spend in the kitchen during the holidays. My hours are rising by the day as I bake for this get together and cook for that one. I’m really enjoying trying new recipes whether I am preparing an appetizer or sweet treat! For these peanut butter sleigh ride bars, I teamed up with Nestle to conquer my sweet tooth. They were “OH YEAH” delicious, according to III.
There were a few ingredients I didn’t have on hand, so on a shopping trip I went to pick up some #HolidayCandy!
You can check it out here. The full recipe is available for you to print at the bottom of the post!
The special ingredient for this recipe has to be the Butterfinger Jingles.
The chocolate goodness is a perfect combination with the peanut butter dough.
I had to do a lot of unwrapping. It was like Christmas morning….and while the recipe called for 30 jingles,
I might have only had 27 left.
I ended adding several more jollies to the top once I poured the mixture into the pan.
Check out the entire recipe below, you can even print it if you would like.
Now I just have to hope they everyone else share’s III’s sentiment and I don’t have to take any home. My hips would disapprove. Don’t get me wrong, they would welcome the treat, but disapprove.
If I do have any left over I might wrap them up and deliver a few to my neighbors.
- 30 NESTLÉ BUTTERFINGER Jingles, unwrapped
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
- MIX brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour and baking soda.
- STIR in Nestlé Butterfinger Jingles.
- PRESS dough into a greased 9-inch-square baking pan, distributing Nestlé Jingles evenly.
- BAKE for 25 minutes or until golden and wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- COOL completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Looking for more recipes? Follow Nestle on Twitter @NestleUSA and Facebook!
I’ll be sharing my this treat at my work party as well as a few other get togethers around the web!
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Nestle #CBias #SocialFabric