Yarn Pom Pom Tutorial
This weekend I needed a quick fix to add to our tailgating decor. We already had set this table up with a few fun crafted items, but I wanted to spread around the blue & orange love.
I had thrown several crafting supplies in a bag as we raced out the door to go “rv-ing” and so I had to work with what I had on hand. In my efforts to create a pom pom banner…this is what I came up with:
Yarn, Scissors, Hand
I will attemp to give step by step instructions…but let’s face it :o) a picture can tell 1,000 words.
1. Run the end of the yarn between your middle and end finger…leave about 6 inches loose.
2. Wrap. Wrap. Wrap. around all 4 of your fingers. I think I did about 30 loops for my floppy pom pom…basically the more round you make, the thicker your pom pom will be!
3. When you feel compelled to stop…and believe me at some point you will feel compelled :o)…snip the thread with about 6 inches to spare.
4. Now it’s time to tie. I first wrapped each of my loose ends of the string around the entire bundle of thread. Actually, I think I did this twice to make it extra secure.
5. Now pull tight so the yearn begins to bunch in like a bow.
6. Tie a know. Then another one.
7. Finally slide your scissors through the bunny ears on each side and cut through the center of the loop.
And there you have it….the easiest tutorial ever, but it yields a fabulous result. Use the two loose string ends to attach the pom pom to a longer piece of yarn if you are creating a banner. Here is how mine turned out
Here are a few fun pom pom ideas I found floating around the internet. Be inspired!
Pom Pom Snowman on Hostess with the Mostess
Pom Pom Pumpkin on DomestiFluff
Pom Pom Yellow Flowers on Etsy StephlovesBen
Pom Pom Multi-colored Flowers on Blue Robin Cottage
Pom Pom Monsters @ The Purple Pug
Pom Pom Garland @Honestly…