Okay ladies (and gentlemen) this meal was a HIT! Last week I was in search of a yummy dish that I could whip up with what we had on hand. Our kitchen was down to the bare bones, as I was trying not to blow our monthly food budget any more out of the water. The meal was a double dare challenge because on top of trying to use what was in the pantry we were signed up to feed another family. A great couple in our Sunday School just had a baby, and it was our night to lighten the load.
When I stumbled upon this recipe at Mommy’s Kitchen I knew I could pull it off!**
Recipe modified from Mommy’s Kitchen
3 chicken breast | 1/4 cup of chopped bell pepper | 1/4 cup of chopped onion | 1 pkg. spaghetti noodles |
Cream of Chicken soup | 8 oz. Velveeta Cheese | 2 tbsp. butter | 1/2 cup chicken broth |
2 hand fulls of shredded cheese
1. Boil the chicken breasts. Chop or shred when cooked all the way through. Save the water.
2. While the chicken is cooking, use the butter to saute the bell pepper and onion until translucent. Set aside.
3. Bring the same water you cooked the chicken in back to a boil. Stir in the spaghetti noodles and cook according to package instructions.
4. While the noodles are boiling, mix Velveeta, Cream of Chicken soup, and 1/2 cup of chicken broth and cook in the microwave until combined and melted.
5. Once everything is cooked, chopped, and melted combine and mix together. Pour mixture in to a large
9 x 13 casserole dish. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
6. If you are planning to eat the same day bake for 45 minutes on 350 degrees.
**You can also FREEZE this meal (or part of this meal). Simply cover with saran wrap & two layers of aluminum foil. When you are ready to enjoy, defrost & then cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes!
**I also need to give some inspiration credit to the lovely Katrina! She prepared this dish for us one day when some co-workers/friends and I were over at her house :o)
Serving at these lovely parties!