My friend Cortney has an awesome blog & an inspiring cancer survivor story!
Take it to the Kitchen Tuesday
I’ve been making smoothies this summer for breakfast!
And not just any smoothie, my smoothie contains a special ingredient…
Now, I know what you are thinking…but you can’t even taste it among the other yummy fruity sweetness…trust me.
Plus do you know how GREAT
spinach is for you?
Here are 10 reasons why you should eat spinach:
1. Spinach is low in calories, yet very high in vitamins, minerals and other phytonutrients.
2. This leafy green is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, magnesium, folate, manganese, iron, calcium, vitamin C, vitamin B2, potassium, and vitamin B6
3. It’s a very good source of protein, phosphorus, vitamin E, zinc, dietary fiber, and copper.
5. It’s readily available…you can find it in any grocery store.
6. It’s a is a heart-healthy food.
7. Studies have shown that consumption of green leafy vegetables such as spinach may slow the age-related decline in brain function.
8. Spinach provides less calories, is fat and cholesterol free, and an excellent source of iron.
9. Gastrointestinal health can be guarded by eating more of this food.
10. And best of all, Popeye ate it…and look at those muscles…
And boy do I feel good about starting my day off eating healthy
(because inevitably I fall…flat on my face & eat things like calzones for dinner…fail
Smoothie Surprise Recipe
Fresh Fruit (here it’s banana, strawberries, blueberries), Spinach,
Yogurt (Greek for extra healthiness), 2-3 ice cubes
Cut. Mix. Pour. Enjoy.
(I use a magic bullet for my blending & LOVE it)
Cortney also suggests adding celery or broccoli to the mix, but I don’t think I’m there yet :)
Linking up here