Two posts in one week…I’m on a role friends. Miracles happen when you figure out how to get two babies napping at once. (Maybe I’ll write a post about it, it took a while, but JACKPOT). To be honest I should probably celebrate this victory with a nap, but I had to share this recipe with yall!
I really enjoy cooking but I must admit I dislike figuring out what to cook. So, every Sunday I ask III the same question. Any requests for dinner this week? He usually has one or two requests. This week he asked if I could figure out how to make pizza pasta. It seemed easy enough, and after enjoying it last night we’ll probably being having it again soon! Yum.
So let’s get down to it before everyone wakes up and crazy town begins again.
- 2 cups of penne pasta
- 1 lb Italian Sausage
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp basil
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce
- Parmesan Cheese
- 1.5 cups mozzarella cheese
- 20 - 30 pepperonis
- 1. Cook pasta according to directions
- 2. Cook sausage until brown, drain. Then add in onion, pepper, garlic, basil, oregano, and spaghetti sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- 4. Grease a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- 5. Line the bottom with Parmesan cheese.
- 6. Next layer half of your pasta, half spaghetti sauce mixture, half the pepperonis, and half the mozzarella cheese
- 7. Repeat.
- 8. Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Feel free to add other ingredients: olives, mushrooms, etc.
We enjoyed with cheesy garlic bread.
Also a mama tip: You can prepare this dish during naptime and keep in the refrigerator until dinner. Then just pop it in the oven 25 minutes before you are ready to eat!