We’ve been on an enchilada kick around here! They are absolutely delicious and easy to make ahead. Make ahead is so important when you are wrestling with a 1 year old and 2.5 year old at 5:00. I always try and prep dinner during nap time to make the witching hour easier, so this recipe is perfect for all of our sanity! We’ve been eating both green chile and red sauce enchiladas, but I decided tonight I would mix things up a little bit. I decided to take one of our other favorites, chicken Parmesan and turn it into an enchilada recipe! Are you ready for this?
I was recently introduced to Tortilla Land ® flour tortillas. Have you heard of them? They are in the refrigerated section of your local Walmart (I found them near the queso & cream cheese). I love that they are refrigerated because that means less preservatives. Also they are made from 5 simple ingredients (all of which I’ve heard of!). They take one extra step (you bake them on 30 seconds per side in a skillet), but it is well worth it! While I was toasting the tortillas I microwaved some Tyson ®, Grilled & Ready ® chicken. I always have a bag in the freezer. It makes chicken meals quick and convenient.
I shredded it into a bowl. I added Wish-Bone ® Italian dressing, mozzarella cheese, parmesean cheese, ricotta cheese, bread crumbs, & spaghetti sauce and mixed it all together. The Wish-Bone ® dressing adds all the seasoning you need to take this meal from good to great!
Then I filled the tortillas with the chicken mixture and wrapped them up. In a glass baking dish I poured a little more spaghetti sauce and placed the filled tortillas, seam down, into it. Top the tortillas with a more spaghetti sauce and a mix of the mozzarella and parmesean cheeses. Bake on 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
I was a little unsure about this recipe…it doesn’t come from a recipe book, it just came from my head. But, y’all, it was so good! I am so proud of myself. Try this one for dinner soon. Your family with thank you!
- 4 Tortilla Land four tortillas
- 2 cups Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken
- 1/4 cup of Wish-Bone Italian Dressing
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare 4 tortillas according to package instructions
- Microwave 2 cups of chicken
- Shred chicken and mix with 1/4 cup Italian dressing, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- Pour 1/4 cup of spaghetti sauce in bottom of an 8x8 baking dish
- Fill tortillas (splitting chicken mix into fourth) and place in the baking dish
- Top with remaining spaghetti sauce and cheese