We are settling in…into the house, into life as parents of two, into food coma from all the delicious dishes our friends have dropped off. Life is good.
And do you know what else is good? These banana bread muffins. You see we had some bananas and they were turning brown. I didn’t want the to go to waste. Usually I would throw them in smoothies or yogurt popsicles, but this particular day I was feeling banana bread for breakfast. Perfect with a cup of hot tea. Equally as lovely as an afternoon snack, enjoyed by both me and Chickadee.
This recipe is awesome because you don’t need a mixer…just a few ingredients, a bowl, and a fork. Check it out.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 1.5 cups of all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and 12 muffin tins with liners
- Start by peeling the bananas and smashing them in a bowl with a fork
- Mix together the bananas and melted butter
- Add in the baking soda and salt, then egg, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Last mix in the flour 1/2 a cup at a time.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill 12 muffin liners
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Remove from oven and allow to cool
If you want to get crazy you can add nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips!