It is spring cleaning time at our house I have started in the kitchen. I’m trying to clean without a whole lot of chemicals. Yesterday, I shared a few cleaning tips for the sink area! First, a fail safe way to clean your kitchen sink & then a tip for keeping your kitchen sponge clean and fresh!
Today I’ve headed over to the stove and microwave. I used to HATE my glass top stove because it always looked dirty & I hated taking the time to clean with the fancy/creamy toxic cleaner every day. However, I have now found a quick homemade solution!
An All Natural Way to Clean Your Glass Stove Top
1. Make sure the stove top & oven is turned off.
2. Wipe down the surface with a dry rag to remove dust and crumbs.
3. In a small spray bottle mix 2 cups of water with 1/4 cup of distilled white vinegar & a squirt of lemon juice.
4. Spray the solution onto the stove top and allow to sit for a few minutes. Then wipe clean.
5. Clean the rag in clean water and wipe the glass top to remove any remaining residue. Wipe dry with a clean rag.
Yall, I can do this every day! So easy & it leaves my stove top looking sparkly clean! Now, onto the microwave. This is an old tip I think lots of you know, but every now and then I forget how simple it really is to clean your microwave.
In a microwave safe bowl combine a cup of water and a tablespoon of vinegar. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. The steam will loosen all the dried on gunk on the microwave walls. After 5 minutes you will be able to wipe the walls and glass turning table clean! EASY PEASY!
Do you have any stove or microwave cleaning tips? I’m in a cleaning mood folks, on to the bathroom!