I love FRENCH FRIES. So delish, and dipped in ketchup (Heinz of course) is pretty close to heaven. And while the doc has some great tips on healthy eating, does anyone want to mess with a pregnant lady when she is in a happy place???? My husband would say no :o) But there is a small hiccup in one of my favorite foods mentioned by the doc, they aren’t that great for you. Most fries after all are FRIED. Well, I have done what I can to make them “not so bad.” And today I want to share with you how to make homemade skinny fries in the oven!
First, and foremost, you have to cut them correctly, so check this out.
Once you have your fries cut follow the recipe below and you will be on your way to heaven too!!
- 2 potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 415 degrees
- Slice fries according to the picture above & place in a bowl
- Add about 1/3 a cup of olive oil, 1 tbsp of chili powder, 1/2 - 1 tbsp of garlic salt, and pepper to taste
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with olive oil or cooking spray
- Spread out the fries so they are all laying flat
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes and then flip
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes until golden brown.