Spilling the Beans…

pregnancy test

I waited over a week longer than suggested to take the pregnancy test. I knew what it would say, but I wanted to make sure the bean was sticking! I did nothing to surprise III besides wake him to up show him my “mother’s intuition” had already kicked in!

We decided to share with our immediate family a few weeks later. I wanted to gain inspiration from this post I found over a Kimberly/Michelle, but wasn’t patient enough to put it together.

III’s parents received an elated phone call & my mom and dad received a text with a picture of a t-shirt. It said “Stork Delivery Company | Package Delivery Expected November 2013!” For our siblings we passed out these eggs since it was Easter. Inside were jelly beans and a note. I was so very impressed at how well our families didn’t “spill the beans” until we were ready!

don't spill the beans(2)

I made the effort to tell as many as I could in person. My favorite story might be when we were eating lunch with our extended family and Trey said the blessing. He ended it with “and please help the new baby to grow strong and healthy, we can’t wait to meet them in November!”

We had a couple of ultrasounds in the beginning. Here is our baby around 8 weeks!

DSC_1082

I love Max’s excitement in this picture. I have a feeling he knows what is coming….his only child status is expiring.

9 weeks

I searched on pinterest for lots of ways to reveal we were pregnant. Here are a few other fun announcements we thought about!

announcement ideas

then there were three | puppy big brother | baby shoes | spill the beans | chalkboard announcement | bump ahead

Tomorrow I’ll share about our gender reveal(s) and then I promise to take a baby post break!

Sharing at a few parties this week!

Hi there! Are you new to A Step in the Journey? If so, WELCOME!I’m Laura Beth, and I am so glad you are checking out the journey. If you like what you see did you know you can subscribe to receive updates via RSS feed. Another great way to interact it through Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram. You can also submit your email below to receive updates! I’m looking forward to getting to know you!Enter your email address to receive updates:  null null Photobucket null null

Photobucket

Comments

1. Sarah IR says:

Oh and a Big Congrats!!! Sorry I forgot to add that :)

2. Sarah IR says:

Love your Blog! Love that you are saved by his grace! So am I amd I am proudly not ashamed of it!! I love living my life to seek after his Glory and Praise! Your blog is adorable! I am happy I stumble upon it, looking for preggers announcements! Take care God Bless you!

3. Aw! Love how my little bag inspired you! Congratulations!!!
    kimberly michelle recently posted…A RUNDISNEY AUGUST RECAP: Dumbo Double DareMy Profile

4. Jacque says:

Congratulations GIRL!!!!!! I love the round up .. off to PIN!
    Jacque recently posted…Promote Healthy Eating with an Organized RefrigeratorMy Profile

5. Vanessa says:

Your Max looks just like our Bob Barker! Adorable picture!
    Vanessa recently posted…Oozma Kappa T-ShirtMy Profile

6. I LOVE baby posts … bring ‘em on :)
    keri @ shaken together recently posted…skinny key lime pie popsMy Profile

7. Yay! Congrats!!! You are going to have a fabulous year! Can’t wait for MORE baby posts :).

8. Laura P. says:

Hi Laura Beth!
    Congratulations to you, III, and puppy brother!! Babies are the best! No matter how wonderful your life is now, a baby will make it even better! Thank you for sharing your news with us and allowing us to be part of the ride!

• Patti B says:

Congratulations to you all… there is nothing better than adding a baby to your life. The love you have in your heart now will be so much stronger the day that baby is born! Thanks for sharing with us, and knowing a new War Eagle baby is on the way is soooo exciting! ;) Congrats again!