A few years ago I made these ice cream sandwiches to take over to a friend’s house for dessert! They were the BIGGEST hit ever and I have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to make them again. Well, Valentine’s came around and these sweet friends welcomed their daughter into the world! I knew just what to bring when we stopped by to say hello!
Luckily I had pinned the recipe on Pinterest! The pin led me back to Delish.com and their amazing homemade ice cream sandwich recipe. I followed it almost completely. *Find recipe in it’s entirety at the bottom of the post (with my few changes!).
Here are a few things to know…
1. The soft “graham” cracker dough gets kind of clumpy when you are mixing the ingredients! Don’t worry…after you chill the dough it will roll together nicely.
2. Add a little mint extract to your dough to give it a little extra minty kick!
3. Lay the dough between cling wrap and before rolling out. You will thank me for this one!
4. Cut your dough apart in a grid and use the back of a skewer to poke the holes giving the complete graham cracker effect.
5. Add some green food coloring to your mint chocolate chip ice cream to make it more green (especially for St. Patrick’s Day!).
So, what do you whip up when you are taking friends dinner or dessert?