How to Create Your Own Pallet Art | In This House…

Inspiration via Pinterest & Love of Family and Home
Seriously, where would the world be without it???

and up close…

led to this…new creation

Tonya over at Love of Family & Home said, “I hope I’ve inspired you to make one of your own!”

Well, she did :)

I pretty much followed Tonya’s tutorial. My friend, Ashley, had pinned the pallet art to Pinterest, and I knew it would be the perfect give for her baby shower. My dad cut the slats from some craft wood found at Hobby Lobby. (We don’t own the proper equipment, so Dad to the rescue). Then I built the frame with some nails & wood glue. It’s 15 x 21, as I wanted it more of a rectangle.I painted it brown first, then cream. Using a block sander I removed some of the cream so the brown would show through. I used my new Silhouette to cut out the letters in the font The Blue Cabin. Then modged podged them on. One layer to stick & another over the top. Thanks to Love of Family & Home again for the beautiful inspiration. I need to make one or myself!

Took it outside for a little photo shoot.

Here is Ashley at the shower! I can’t wait to see it in the nursery :)

Participating in the

Hi there! Are you new to A Step in the Journey? If so, WELCOME! I’m Laura Beth, and I am so glad you are checking out the journey. If you like what you see, did you know you can subscribe to receive updates via email

Another great way to interact it through Facebook, PinterestTwitter, and Instagram.

null null Photobucket null null

Photobucket

Comments

1. Sandy says:

I love this! Did you cut your letters out of cardstock like Tonya did on her tutorial? I would love to make one of these for our home.

2. Great job! What a unique shower gift! Stopping by via 30Days link party.

3. Jacque says:

This looks absolutely gorgeous!

Please share it with my girls over at my Sundae Shake Up link party! I'm sure they would love it, since my blog is a 1950's vintage theme!

Thanks,

Jacque @ Jacque's Soda Parlor

thesodaparlor.blogspot.com

4. This is so gorgeous!! Just love it. You did a great job! I saw your link at I Heart Nap Time!

5. I'm over from Tatertots and Jello! I was working on linking up my project and didn't even get down to the button when I saw your project and had to come by! I love it! I need to score some pallets big time.

6. Sommer says:

That is absolutely beautiful! Would love to have you link to my party this weekend too! http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/07/vip-party-21.html

7. Love the pallet design. What a great gift! Following your blog now.I would love for you to show this off at my Wickedly Crafty Saturdays! http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/2011/07/wickedly-crafty-saturdays.html

8. Lisa says:

I love this, it turned out great!!!!

9. Becca says:

I'm in love with this! I'd love it if you'd stop by my blog and link this to my Home and Family Friday linky party!

Becca
    becca-homeiswheremystorybegins.blogspot.com

10. Katy says:

Now this is adorable!! I was trying to think of some wording ideas for pallet art and I think this is just perfect :). Great job!

11. Tonya says:

Yay!! It turned out FABULOUS!! Such a great idea for a shower gift! Awesome job!! Thanks for linking back to my site!

12. June Scott says:

Your turned out great, Laura Beth! Love the sentiment, too!

13. This is so pretty!! What a great idea!

14. Very beautiful! Great job! Thanks for linking this up as well.

15. Super great idea! Love it!

16. I love this project. Makes me want to try it :) Found your blog over at Sweet Peas and Bumblebees.

17. Natassia says:

What an awesome idea!!! Thanks for sharing!

Natsknapsack.blogspot.com

18. I really love this! Thanks for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

19. Stephanie says:

love it :)

20. that is so great! i love the white. it really stands out. where do you find the pallets? i keep seeing some cute pallet stuff, but don't know where to find them!

im a new follower! would love if you stopped by my little place too :)
    lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com

21. WHat a great idea, love how it turned out. Nice and simple yet beautiful. Thanks for sharing

22. I am visiting via Someday Crafts. This is an absolutely adorable project!

If you have written a post about a great restaurant, store or perhaps taken a fun trip I am now hosting a new linky party entitled Wayfaring Wednesdays. Come on by!

Happy Wednesday!

23. paige says:

this is a great gift – thanks for the inspiration.

24. Allie says:

Love this! I will have to try this out for our home!

25. I have the perfect something in the garage for this! Thanks for the idea…WOOT WOOT!!

26. I love this! Such a great idea! Thanks for linking up!

27. Super cute and such a lovely gift! I hope you will stop by HomeSavvyAtoZ.com next week to share it at my HomeMade Monday blog party!

28. Tammy says:

What a terrific gift! Love it! I am your newest follower. Hope you can visit me sometime soon!

29. Maury says:

It's beautiful! I have this on my pinterest as well and I can't wait to make it. I love that your's is so thin. It wouldn't take up as much space in a room.

30. KJM says:

love love love it!! :)

31. Zoe says:

beautiful- love all the inspiration in craft blog land!