This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #McCafeMyWay #CollectiveBias
Do you know anyone having a little one soon? If not, now you do…ME! I seriously thought Sprout was coming into the world this week; first because of high blood pressure (luckily it went down) and then because of crazy contractions that turned out to just need a little taming with a whole lot of water! Chickadee broke my water to let me know she was ready, so these contractions are a whole new ballgame this pregnancy. At least I am not alone. It seems to be baby season around here. Besides myself I have five friends due in April and May. So with new moms on my mind I thought I would share some ideas for creating a “NEW MOM” gift basket for those expecting in your life. Filled with all the must haves, plus a delicious pick me up from McCafé.
So here is the low down on what is in the kit, and why?
1. McCafé Hazelnut Coffee: Hello, every new mom (and DAD!) need to have coffee on hand. Adrenaline will take you so far, but then you are going to need a little more since you’ll probably be up every 2-3 hours around the clock for the new few months. I wasn’t sure what flavor to buy at first, but you can never go wrong with hazelnutty goodness. We tried some for breakfast this morning, & it is absolute perfection. The Hazelnut has a rich flavor and a very smooth taste that lingers for a few minutes. Yum! And if Hazelnut isn’t your flavor, it’s ok since McCafé has 8 flavors to choose from. There is the perfect taste for everyone. They also have coffee pods if you want to go the single serve route!
2. Magazine: A magazine is perfect for those late night feeding sessions or during the day when she just needs a break.
3. Snacks: Snacks are important to keep mom’s energy up. If she is nursing filling snacks are definitely necessary since she is burning around 500 calories a day just feeding her new little one! I included a granola bar, peanut butter cookies, and chocolate sticks. A little bit of heathly and a little bit of delicious!
4. Candle: Let’s face it, with a new little one there is little time left in the day to clean. A candle will help keep the house smelling nice and fresh and help mom to feel like she can relax in her few moments of down time.
5. Slippers: Plain and simple…slipper are comfortable! And comfort is key right now.
6. Gum: Similar to cleaning, finding time to brush your teeth and shower even feels like a challenge in those first few weeks. At least mom can now have fresh breath!
7. Hand Sanitizer: EVERYTHING has germs when you are a new mom. And everyone who comes through your door wanting to hold your new bundle of joy is covered in those germs. Sanitize first!
8. Thank You Notes: We received so many wonderful meals and gift when Chickadee was born, so having thank you notes on hand was a must!
9. Finger Nail Polish: We all like to feel pretty & it’s amazing what a little nail polish will do.
10. A note of encouragement: Labor is tough. A c-section is tough. Those first few weeks/months are tough. A note from you encouraging your friend that they can do it, that we’ve all been there and you will make it through will go a LONG way. So add a note to your basket.
I picked everything up in the gift basket at my local WalMart the other day while I was grabbing a few groceries.
Is there anything else you would add? Maybe a bottle of wine or a stack of take out menus?