This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
When you are pregnant with your precious little bundle of joy, you will get so much advice. Advice from those you may expect like your mom, sister, and friends, but also from those behind you in the checkout line or sitting beside you at church. Everyone wanting to bestow their “expertise” in diapers, sleeping, and all things baby. While most advice is probably unsolicited, they usually mean well and if you listen closely their might be something to hold on too. With that being said….I’m here to offer you unsolicited advice :)
Packing every thing you could possibly need in your diaper bag is an art. An art I can’t claim to have perfected, but one I do think I am getting closer to now that I am 10 months in to carting Chickadee around from place to place!
A well stocked diaper bag is essential to being able to to break out of baby jail and keep baby happy out of the house, however packing one sometimes feel like you are going on vacation instead of running to WalMart. Here are a few things that, lately, we have never been leaving home without!
First, let me share that I started with a very traditional looking diaper bag, but after a few weeks went by of me trying to carry both a purse and a diaper bag, I traded the old for something new: Carter’s Front Zip Diaper Tote. I love this diaper bag a) because it has a lot of pockets inside and out b) because it is made of the kind of material you can quickly/easily wipe down and c) because you can almost get away with looking like you are carrying a purse. LOVE IT.
Now onto what is in my diaper bag…
01. Diapers – This one seems pretty obvious since it is in fact a diaper bag. I usually only carry one or two diapers in my bag, but I always have extras in the car! I have tried so many different diaper brands with Chickadee. Fortunately, she doesn’t have a sensitive tush, but we did have some containment issues early on. After a little trial and error though we are on track. Right now I have Parent’s Choice diapers in my diaper bag from Walmart. Not only are they super absorbent, they also are hands down where you will find the biggest savings! An average of $240 a year over other brands! And you will save even more with this coupon! Who doesn’t like to save money? Give them a shot.
02. Wipes – You are going to want A LOT of these because they aren’t just for your babies booty. So while the little wipe cases are cute, you will go through them in about two seconds. Save yourself the stress of running out and just throw in a pack.
03. Hand Sanitizer – Because let’s face it…things get dirty with a little one!
04. Extra Outfit – I learned this one the hard way. Basically, a blow out in the car means you are doing an entire wardrobe change so be prepared. You don’t want to be the mom running into WalMart with a baby in only their diaper because they clothes are covered in poop and you don’t have another outfit. Believe me. Oh, and make sure as they grow you replace your spare outfit with a bigger size.
05. Sippy Cup or Bottle – If you are a formula mama in the early months you are going to want to make sure you always have a bottle/formula on hand. Those little ones are hungry all.the.time. Now that Chickadee is a little older I like to make sure and always have a sippy cup of water. It’s perfect entertainment for her when we are out running errands and during the hot summers in the South a sippy helps her cool off!
06. Pacifier – Always great for calming your little one down or helping them fall asleep in the car. We love the ones with the animals attached!
07. Blankets/Burp Cloths – Again these are great no matter how old your little one is. Blankets are perfect for covering up your baby in their car seat, or once they are older laying out on the ground for them to play. I know it depends on the season but I love the muslin blankets for Chickadee, so lightweight. And burb cloths…..it’s amazing how much spit up that little body can produce!
08. Placemat – Whether you buy disposable or reusable, once your little one starts eating food, a placemat is a must when you are out at a restaurant. While putting little one’s food on a plate is a nice idea, it soon becomes a toy and food begins flying everywhere. Therefore, a placemat that sticks to the table if perfect for laying out their lunch!
09. Snack Trap – This is a recent addition to our diaper bag, however along with the sippy I have found it is a must when we are out running errands, especially if nap time is getting pushed. Fill it up with puffs or Cheerios and you easily have an extra 30 minutes to work with. Although figuring out the “trap” part of the container took Chickadee a little bit of time to figure out, once she did it was mess free snacking!
10. Sophie – Oh, the little teether that could. We LOVE Sophie because I am pretty sure she single handedly saved us from teething horrors. Chickadee would gnaw on her for hours when her teeth were first coming through so we made sure to always have her on hand. If not Sophie, just make sure you have a teether/toy on hand, because those pesky pearly whites will start pushing through when you least expect it!
11ish. There are a few other things in my diaper bag for me personally since I carry it as a purse. So you will also find my wallet, keys, chapstick, sunglasses and iPhone.
So, what is in your diaper bag? Am I missing something that will change my diaper bag carrying life?
Remember, if you want to check out Parent’s Choice diapers, to print and take this coupon!